UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: awesomeone100 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308454  
Subject: Re: Daily outlook Date: 5/24/2001 3:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You can't live in the future Mark. It's impossible. Just as impossible as it is to predict what the stock market and job market are going to do. I look at people who are in their 20's and they are planning for their retirement? You have to live your life first!
You have to be responsible now, not "in the future". My simple rule is "live life as it comes". I give 10% to God, 10% to the future and the rest to today. So, I in no way am advocating a total committment to the present. But, my point was, if you live irresponsibly now, you will have problems in the future.
You can throw all the garbage about this model or that out the window. If you don't take care of today, you can forget tomorrow. The problem lies in that people are so glued to the future that they are leaving their today behind.
A builder does not build the roof first and then build the foundation of a house second. It takes a strong foundation to build a house. If you are not grounded in your "today", you will have a weak foundation. This is very evident by the number of people over their heads in credit card debt and going to bankruptcy. They lived without any regard for what they were doing today. Then, they suddenly wake up and holy cow! they have 8 times their yearly income in credit card debt. If they had taken care of that today, then the debt never would have happened. They would have stopped it before it became excessive. They simply chose to put it off to the future. Same goes for school loans or whatever. Failure to face your problems TODAY forces the issue to the future - which you cannot predict.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement