No. of Recommendations: 0
You do not have to incorporate to have a SEP unless the law has changed since I set up mine several years ago.
With care, you can get a custodian who will not charge you a setup fee at all. Pick a discount broker or a mutual fund company.
You can contribute not quite 15% of your earned self-employment income, up to a fairly generous limit. The custodian you pick will be able to give you the formula. Good luck! Chris
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.