UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74276  
Subject: Re: Mitt and duma birds of a feather? Date: 10/10/2012 7:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
You don't seem to be able to read very well.

There was private security......at Benghazi of all places.

I never claimed there was no private security, only that there is no evidence that it's use somehow compromised security or contributed to what happened...big difference.

As to reading comprehension you seem to have overlooked this.

Nordstrom's prepared testimony struck a different tone, however. He told the panel that the "ferocity and intensity of the attack was nothing that we had seen in Libya, or that I had seen in my time in the Diplomatic Security Service. Having an extra foot of wall, or an extra-half dozen guards or agents would not have enabled us to respond to that kind of assault."

He also testified that he was "impressed with the plans that would send our team into Libya-a massive show of well-organized resources. I felt that resource requests would be considered seriously and fastidiously by [Diplomatic Security] and the [State] Department. I believe that the vast majority of my requests were considered in that manner."

You also are overlooking that the two seals who's selfless acts weren't part of the security arrangements which makes it kind of hard to place the blame for their deaths on Obama. Or that the safe room held, but obviously could't/didn't prevent the remaining two victims from dying from smoke inhalation.

So what we are left with? If we have a country that is extremely unstable, flooded with weaponry and where the host "government" can't ensure security and we aren't willing to send in sufficient forces to protect against a major attack ourselves then we shouldn't have a diplomatic presence at all. Unless that is we are willing to take that risk.

What we should do in a situation like this is a valid question to ask, but it didn't require this incident for the question to be obvious and should have been asked prior to the incident by Republican & Democrats alike. Of course I didn't hear a peep about sending in troops being a good idea, nor did I hear a word about not wanting a diplomatic presence which leads me to where we are today where we have a bunch of armchair quarterbacks pretending that they are patriots.

You know, like you.

B
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement