Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
You drink the beer, you wash the bottles, and then you bake them and put away for the next batch! When I get about 8-12 bottles, I process them, bake them, and put them away for the next bottling.

I'm enjoying the drinking the beer as I build up my bottle inventory -wish I planned for this better with respect to saving bottles. I have two cases of Sam Adams to start... Summer mix picked up at SAM's Club, some I like better than others but at least I'll have a matching set of 48 to start. I also have a few others around that don't fit in. I like the Samuel Smith's 550ml bottles (and the Oatmeal Stout) but not sure I want to buy that many just for the bottles...I sure wouldn't mind emptying a bunch of those -certainly better than drinking Boston Lager.

I'll move my fermenting bucket up on the counter tonight and rack to secondary (5 gal carboy) on Saturday morning (and check the gravity)... most of the bubbling stopped after 3 days but the airlock shows positive pressure in the fermentor. Hopefully everything's going well and I'll bottle as soon as I have enough bottles -probably another two-three weeks. I'm pretty excited and anxious to bottle, taste and start my second batch.

FoolNBlue
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement