UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744993  
Subject: You go, girl. Date: 2/1/2013 7:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/02/01/friday-...

arrete
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669789 of 744993
Subject: Re: You go, girl. Date: 2/1/2013 7:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Mama, don't let your girls grow up to be cowgirls. Nice! Kicking that can of whoopa$$

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669847 of 744993
Subject: Re: You go, girl. Date: 2/2/2013 11:27 AM
Recommendations: 1
I've heard many times that it's easier to teach women to shoot well. Why? They listen. Guys assume they know about guns and shooting inherently, but women are interested in actually learning about them. Shooting is a learned skill, and women approach it like one.

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669854 of 744993
Subject: Re: You go, girl. Date: 2/2/2013 12:32 PM
"I've heard many times that it's easier to teach women to shoot well. Why? They listen. Guys assume they know about guns and shooting inherently, but women are interested in actually learning about them. Shooting is a learned skill, and women approach it like one." - colovion

I've been shooting guns pretty much all my life. Starting with BB guns in early grade school. Now that I've gotten older my hands shake a little bit and my eyesight isn't quite as good as it used to be so I like to brace my arms or hands on something solid like a door frame or a tree when I shoot. It helps me to hold the rifle shotgun more steady. I think the shaking is partially due to pain. I'm always in a little bit of pain in my hips and shoulder and knees so it makes it more difficult to hold still when I'm aiming. Just having something solid that kind of holds the gun steady helps a lot.

Art

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669859 of 744993
Subject: Re: You go, girl. Date: 2/2/2013 12:44 PM
Now that I've gotten older my hands shake a little bit and my eyesight isn't quite as good as it used to be so I like to brace my arms or hands on something solid like a door frame or a tree when I shoot. It helps me to hold the rifle shotgun more steady. I think the shaking is partially due to pain. I'm always in a little bit of pain in my hips and shoulder and knees so it makes it more difficult to hold still when I'm aiming. Just having something solid that kind of holds the gun steady helps a lot.

Hey Barn, we thought you retired.
Your friends Gomer and Andy

Author: Art53 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669862 of 744993
Subject: Re: You go, girl. Date: 2/2/2013 12:49 PM
Josh joshes, "Hey Barn, we thought you retired.
Your friends Gomer and Andy"

When you are shooting squirrels with a 22 rifle you got to be dead on. Those little varmints are small and they hop around a lot so you got to hit them in either the head or the thoracic cavity. It doesn't do any good to shoot them in the ass because they'll crawl and find a hole to hide in and you won't be able to get them out. I use those little CB shorts and they don't pack a lot of punch so when I shoot them I got to kill them first time. You got to kill them straight out. - Art

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 669863 of 744993
Subject: Re: You go, girl. Date: 2/2/2013 12:54 PM
Recommendations: 1
When you are shooting squirrels with a 22 rifle you got to be dead on. Those little varmints are small and they hop around a lot so you got to hit them in either the head or the thoracic cavity. It doesn't do any good to shoot them in the ass because they'll crawl and find a hole to hide in and you won't be able to get them out. I use those little CB shorts and they don't pack a lot of punch so when I shoot them I got to kill them first time. You got to kill them straight out. - Art

A belt-fed 50 cal machine gun on a turret would stop the hand shaking Barn, and you could even use tracer rounds every 10th round or so to make sure you hit that squirrel just where you want to.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement