UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 381  
Subject: You Got My Attention Date: 1/29/2001 6:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm 50, which ain't so bad. I retired last year, although I have continued to do a little part-time consulting out of my home. Oh, I also have all my hair and teeth. I'm in good shape and reasonably good health. My dear wife works 3 to 4 days a week, although I am working on her to retire completely or to cut back to not more than 2 days a week. I'm still getting used to being retired. Most of the folks I know still work full-time. My wife and I love the mountains--skiing, hiking, and the like. Our master plan calls for purchasing a place in the higher elevations, which we probably will do later this year. We will start out spending long weekends and extended stays every couple of months, with the possibility of moving there in a couple of years. In the meantime, we like to travel, both here and abroad. All in all, things are moving along quite well. We are still in the discovery period, but plan on going with the flow until everything feels just right. As fate would have it, we will be attending a Jimmy Buffett concert within the month, just to stay in the right frame of mind.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: GekkoII Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25 of 381
Subject: Re: You Got My Attention Date: 1/29/2001 7:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
ResNullius:

I am jealous for 2 reasons, first, because of your retirement (congrats), and second,because your seeing Jimmy next month.

Any particular area of the planet you want your upper-elevation getaway to be?

Bouna Fortuna.

Gekko II

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement