UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734507  
Subject: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 1:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 28
I just saw a clip of Obama being interviewed by Bloomberg News. He said there's no time for comprehensive tax reform now. There's no time for entitlement reform now. Lets just raise taxes on the top earners and come back to those other things next year.

Considering raising taxes on the top earners will do next to nothing why even bother with that?

Does he really think people are that stupid to think if they give Obama what he wants now that he'll negotiate in good faith later? That is all Obama wants, higher taxes on high earners, that's the whole thing, after he gets that he's pretty much done. He doesn't want tax reform, and definitely doesn't want entitlement reform. Once he gets higher taxes he may as well go to Hawaii for 4 years.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658248 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 1:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>> Does he really think people are that stupid to think if they give Obama what he wants now that he'll negotiate in good faith later? <<

Obviously Obama can't be trusted here, but neither can Boehner. Neither side can be trusted with "you go first and I'll owe you one in January." Whether it's this or the mess in the Middle East, neither side is willing to concede until the other side "goes first" -- so nothing gets accomplished other than the occasional can-kicking.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658250 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 1:53 PM
>> Does he really think people are that stupid to think if they give Obama what he wants now that he'll negotiate in good faith later? <<

?????????????????????

Republicans did it one spending cuts to get tax cuts

Republicans did it on immigration to get immigration reform

Obama is dealing with Republicans, he doesn't think they are stupid enough believe Dems act in good faith, It is a law of Washington politics.

It is hard to believe that Republicans do not just do lip service to keep conservatives voting for them and actually share the progressive ideas, No one could possible be as stupid as the republican establishment.

I guess at some point you just have to give up on them entirely. It is hard to keep any hope for them to be something they claim to be, but never actually prove out on.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658253 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 2:07 PM

Obviously Obama can't be trusted here, but neither can Boehner. Neither side can be trusted with "you go first and I'll owe you one in January."
-------------------------------------------------
Yeah, but the republicans want to come up with a deal on entitlement reform and tax reform now, before Christmas. It's the dems wanting to get all of what they want now and then talk about the other stuff later. The dem mascot should be Wimpy from Popeye. And did you see the opening salvo from Obama and his necessary "balanced approach"? 1.6 trillion in tax hikes and then a stimulus. It's so unserious i'd walk away from negotiations altogether.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658256 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 2:17 PM
Recommendations: 1
Yeah, but the republicans want to come up with a deal on entitlement reform and tax reform now, before Christmas. It's the dems wanting to get all of what they want now and then talk about the other stuff later. The dem mascot should be Wimpy from Popeye. And did you see the opening salvo from Obama and his necessary "balanced approach"? 1.6 trillion in tax hikes and then a stimulus. It's so unserious i'd walk away from negotiations altogether.

Look at various polls of what people actually want.

The voters are counting on the Republicans to stop the Dems from doing all they do not like and they are going to blame the Republicans if they fail to do so

The voters are counting on the Dems to give stuff away, and will give them credit for doing it

The only sane move that elected Republicans can do right now, is indeed walk away. But not stop anything while doing so.

Keep saying what you want to do, keep passing bills on what you want to do -- but do not stop Dems from introducing stuff and do not vote it down -- just abstain

Keep telling America, you are putting your votes out there and have passed them many many times, but are not going to stop the will of the Dmes at this time of emergency.

You can not get a good result from being the folks that are expected to stop the party from getting out of control, if the other guys get credit if things go well, then you were not needed and if it does get out of control then you failed.

That is where the Republicans are right now. There is only one way to behave in that sort of game and that is to not play.

That is the best way to serve those who voted for them.

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658258 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 2:19 PM
Once he gets higher taxes he may as well go to Hawaii for 4 years.

If that's all it takes, it may be worth it.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658260 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 2:21 PM
Recommendations: 2
Once he gets higher taxes he may as well go to Hawaii for 4 years.

If that's all it takes, it may be worth it.

Obama is a nice looking guy, who reads a teleprompter well and is a front for people of ill will

It matters little where he is.

Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658264 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 2:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
Look at various polls of what people actually want.

The voters are counting on the Republicans to stop the Dems from doing all they do not like and they are going to blame the Republicans if they fail to do so

The voters are counting on the Dems to give stuff away, and will give them credit for doing it

The only sane move that elected Republicans can do right now, is indeed walk away. But not stop anything while doing so.

Keep saying what you want to do, keep passing bills on what you want to do -- but do not stop Dems from introducing stuff and do not vote it down -- just abstain
---------------------------------------------------
I'm beginning to think this would be the wisest course of action, because i completely agree, the republicans will be blamed.....but when things go wrong, and they will, i think the republicans will be blamed then too, even if they vote present, how?, i have no idea, but the reasons they're being blamed now make no sense either.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658273 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 3:17 PM
I'm beginning to think this would be the wisest course of action, because i completely agree, the republicans will be blamed.....but when things go wrong, and they will, i think the republicans will be blamed then too, even if they vote present, how?, i have no idea, but the reasons they're being blamed now make no sense either.

Under that plan the Republicans will rightly be blamed it will darn well be partially their fault

My only hope is that the Dems will get some attention. It will not take much to change things quickly

I kid you not regarding the following

Today, PeterRabbit one of the folks who come here and preach how good the liberals act and what a hero Obama is -- an active PA liberal poster

That poster did not know that Obama's proposed solution did not include budget cuts.

Sit back and think think about that for just a second, this is a Democrat who is very active in talking and following politics and he did not know Obama had forwarded a solution without any real budget cuts.

That is almost unimaginable, not merely unbelievable. This is not someone who is an obvious idiot as are some visitors where none should be surprised that they were simply permanently out to lunch

The Dems actually being noted as part of what gets implemented, even if the Republicans get lots of blame though they did nothing is such a game changer even in it still being absurd, it would be a game changer IMO

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658279 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/4/2012 3:58 PM
Recommendations: 2
Obama is a nice looking guy, who reads a teleprompter well and is a front for people of ill will

It matters little where he is.

I just wanted to comment a little on this.

I know some will see this as sour grapes etc

To any of you that think that way, why is it that there has never been anything that came out of a meeting that Obama chaired or a team that Obama was actually a part of?

Why do negotiations never seem to come to fruition between Obama and others?

It is kind of like the old Soperman show, where you never saw Clark and SuperMan in the same place but never put the two together even though they looked alike

Obama and lack of success. There can be success and Obama can be wrapped up in it. But it never really appears that he was actually a part of it, and when you do know he was involved and can verify it -- there is no success.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 658320 of 734507
Subject: Re: You Gotta Laugh Date: 12/5/2012 6:40 AM
Does he really think people are that stupid to think if they give Obama what he wants now that he'll negotiate in good faith later?

The evidence is pretty clear:

Yes.

Or they don't care.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement