No. of Recommendations: 0
You have just described my entire married life. Oh, this hasn't gone on every minute of it, but it's been a problem all along. Actually started before we were married, but I didn't recognize it until later.

This was a great description for the most part of my married life with my ex-wife... needless to say it did not turn into something that could be worked out... I am not an angel on spending money by any means.. but on my second go at marrage I now am married to someone that is very strict with spending money, and lets just say everything is working out great... not to say that making a marrage an ex-marrage is an answer... but for some its an option... Lets just say its wonderful to know that when someone says that the bills are paid they REALLY are paid... my ex-wife was nice enough to tell me for months that everything was fine, we were paying bills and we even had a growing savings... later found that things were many months late to just about everyone we owed money to, and that the money in the bank did not equal by any stretch of the mind what should have been there from our income seeing as how none of it went to the bill collectors... she actually told me that she did now want to live the type of life style we could afford if we actually paid the bills... yeah I know I had to think about that for a sec before it hit me... After the cards were run up, she stopped paying them and spent the cash instead... fun fun... anyway... good luck all with spouses like this...
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement