UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1961165  
Subject: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 4:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Lots of whining about the inability to come to a deal. Lots of complaints about who's to blame, time off, this that.

Good.

You people who have refused to do anything along the lines of discussing solutions - yes, you PA libs - have gotten the gridlock and the inactivity you deserve.

You spent two years calling anybody who wanted to bring federal spending in line a 'teabagger'. Well, guess what? Stupid name calling doesn't make Uncle Sam magically balance his budget.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849706 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
You people

.......the signature line of someone who is full of cr*p.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849708 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 4:34 PM
Recommendations: 21
"You people who have refused to do anything along the lines of discussing solutions - yes, you PA libs - have gotten the gridlock and the inactivity you deserve."

You're not even close to being credible on this subject any longer.
You look at what the GOP has done for the past 4 years and come to the conclusion that it they have nothing to do with gridlock in DC?

Word is that the GOP might give in to raising the wealthy threshold to $400,000 a year on a tax hike. If that is done a year ago, there is no fiscal cliff and somewhere around $3 trillion in spending cuts.

The fiscal cliff idea was born because the GOP could not, in ANY way, shape or form, agree to a tax hike of any kind ahead of the 2012 elections, courtesy of Grover Norquist.

Now, more than a year later, the GOP is scrambling after losing an election and learning that the country has changed and they are in danger of becoming irrelevant.

Their only potential savior is if Harry Reid proves to be dumber than Boehner.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849711 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 4:44 PM
Recommendations: 16
" yes, you PA libs - have gotten the gridlock and the inactivity you deserve."

Looks like I owe you an apology. When you mentioned gridlock, I thought you meant the gridlock in Congress BETWEEN the 2 parties.

I realize, now, you meant the gridlock INSIDE the GOP....

>"It's the same 40 to 50 chuckleheads that have screwed this place up all year," complained retiring Rep. Steven LaTourette, R-Ohio. Boehner has “done everything to make nice to them. Bring them along. It hasn't mattered. I don't fault him. He's done his best."

Boehner has passed major legislation in the past two years, but the Tea Party-backed lawmakers have led the opposition on several bills.

Fifty-nine Republicans abandoned Boehner in April, 2011 on a package to avert a government shutdown. That number ballooned to 101 on a November, 2011 bill to fund the government. Sixty six Republicans vote in August 2011 against increasing the debt ceiling.

In addition, 91 Republicans vote in February against a bill to extend the payroll tax cut. And 52 Republicans voted against a bill to pay for the nation's transportation programs in June.<

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849712 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 4:47 PM
Recommendations: 1
"You look at what the GOP has done for the past 4 years and come to the conclusion that it they have nothing to do with gridlock in DC?
"

LOL

First two years the GOP did everything they could to block leftist policies including Obamacare that a majority of Americans didn't want.
The GOP hasn't done anything the dims would not have done, if the GOP had control.

And the dims couldn't even pass a budget in those first two years. The GOP certainly didn't prevent them from passing a budget as they had complete control.

In the past two years, the GOP house has passed budgets in each of those years, while the senate has passed how many budgets? Did you say 0 a big fat goose egg? If so, you would be correct. Quite simply, this fiscal crisis is the makings of Reid and Obama. Because, if Reid had followed the budget process, we would NOT be here today.

As usual you have it ALL wrong!

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849718 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 4:58 PM
You people who have refused to do anything along the lines of discussing solutions - yes, you PA libs - have gotten the gridlock and the inactivity you deserve.

I didn't realize this board had that much power.

Actually, I didn't realize it had any power at all.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849719 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:06 PM
Recommendations: 2
"I didn't realize this board had that much power.

"

Obviously you don't have any power with regards to discussing solutions. You (PA Libs) are all about demagoguery and smearing people you don't like.

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849721 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:07 PM
You (PA Libs) are all about demagoguery and smearing people you don't like.

Thy name is "Irony".

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849723 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:08 PM
"Thy name is "Irony".
"

Touche'

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849725 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:09 PM
Recommendations: 0
I conceed to NTL's fiscal cliff solution. Let's implement it right now.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849726 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:10 PM
Dope1....

The BEST PART of this is.............

Even when they reach a compromise.

And their "DOW" goes up a few points in response.......

Their debt and entitlement crisis is gonna get worse.

Obama 2012

JediG

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849731 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:19 PM
"You people who have refused to do anything along the lines of discussing solutions - yes, you PA libs - have gotten the gridlock and the inactivity you deserve."

Gridlock isn't bad. The point of having checks and balances is to create a certain amount of gridlock. Good legislation should be the result of thorough analysis, careful thought, lots of discussion, and serious negotiation.

When it works that way, the important stuff bubbles up to the top, and the rest just gets locked up in committee.

Some level of gridlock is a good thing - at least it is in government.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849742 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:55 PM
You're not even close to being credible on this subject any longer.

PA libs also make issues personal and do all the can to be the arbiters of "credibility". Glad to see you've crossed that Rubicon.

You look at what the GOP has done for the past 4 years and come to the conclusion that it they have nothing to do with gridlock in DC?

Hmmm. Another PA lib tactic: change the subject. Say what you want about the GOP: they tried to pass budgets and reform things.

Can you say the same about the democrats? No, you can't.

Word is that the GOP might give in to raising the wealthy threshold to $400,000 a year on a tax hike. If that is done a year ago, there is no fiscal cliff and somewhere around $3 trillion in spending cuts.

Cuts in what? Show me a single bill the democrats offered that cut anything. Legislative language, mind.

Again.

You can flame me (and you will).

You can try and claim I have no credibility (and you have).

You can blame Republicans (and you are).

And you can say, "If only this and if only that" (and you do)...

...and it doesn't make a difference. It only adds to the problem, which, in summary is this:

You have the government you deserve because you aren't focused on the solutions to today's problems. All you want to do is blame.

I'm going to read the rest of the thread now - I bet all the responses are exactly like yours: generally irrelevant.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849744 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:57 PM
I didn't realize this board had that much power.

Actually, I didn't realize it had any power at all.

It doesn't. But what it is is a slice of the supposed thinking that goes on amongst the electorate. Thinking that is focused on the wrong things.

You can either address the problem or you can not address the problem.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849745 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:58 PM
Say what you want about the GOP:

THEY SUCK!

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849746 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 5:59 PM
Dope1....

The BEST PART of this is.............

Even when they reach a compromise.

And their "DOW" goes up a few points in response.......

Their debt and entitlement crisis is gonna get worse.

And that's what nobody seems to get: so the hell what if Obama gets his precious tax increase on $250k? It only takes care of the deficit for oh, about a week or so. What about the rest of it, liberals?

They have no ideas, no solutions, and worse of all: no clue.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849748 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 6:02 PM
I've still got a nasty feeling the deal will be at $400k, not $250k.

That'll save many greedy coastal yuppy liberals from putting money where their mouth is.

Either way, $250k 0r $400k, the structural problems are intact, and being made bigger by Obama and the Left.

Class envy, food stamps, racism, cradle to grave government, it all ends up badly eventually as we're seeing in Greece, France, etc.

Notice how a few of these Liberals are nervous today? All they care about is their stock portfolio.

JediG

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849755 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 6:37 PM
Recommendations: 65
" Say what you want about the GOP: they tried to pass budgets and reform things."

Actually, no they did not. They threw budgets out there that were completely partisan and never had any chance of passing. It's called politics.

"Cuts in what? Show me a single bill the democrats offered that cut anything. Legislative language, mind."

I was talking about, as I have before, the negotiations between Boehner & Obama last year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/22/us/politics/22fiscal.html?...

"Congressional and administration officials said that the two men, who had abandoned earlier talks toward a deal when leaks provoked Republicans’ protests, were closing in on a package calling for as much as $3 trillion in savings from substantial spending cuts and future revenue produced by a tax code overhaul. If it could be sold to Congress, the plan could clear the way for a vote to increase the federal debt ceiling before an Aug. 2 deadline."

Even you aren't partisan enough to claim that was not a much better deal than the GOP will get now, if they even get one.

"You have the government you deserve because you aren't focused on the solutions to today's problems. All you want to do is blame."

That's just too funny. Blame is all we have heard from the right for the past 4 years.
Solutions? Do you understand how Washington DC works? Let me help.
There are TWO parties. Each of the two parties tend to have very different views on "solutions".
Historically, it has taken compromise to develop solutions. Both Reagan and Bush 41 raised taxes in compromise deals to move the country forward.

So, Obama would tell you that he HAS been focused on solutions but you just don't agree with them. Doesn't mean he didn't have any.

The GOP had "solutions" that were rejected by the voting public. Yet, you insist on GOP solutions and nothing else.

It's an absurd position and indefensible position.

But I like your spunk. Keep trying.

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849757 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 6:41 PM
"Actually, no they did not. They threw budgets out there that were completely partisan and never had any chance of passing. It's called politics.
"

The house majority usually passes a budget that is mostly partisan, then the senate creates their own version, which they did not.

So, AGAIN you are wrong.

"I was talking about, as I have before, the negotiations between Boehner & Obama last year.
"

Which did NOT cut anything except growth in spending!

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849763 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 7:10 PM
Actually, no they did not. They threw budgets out there that were completely partisan and never had any chance of passing. It's called politics.

More fail. You can't get enough, can you? The GOP passed budgets. The democrats did not. Let's separate the facts from your opinion, shall we?

I was talking about, as I have before, the negotiations between Boehner & Obama last year.

LOL @ this.

"Congressional and administration officials said that the two men, who had abandoned earlier talks toward a deal when leaks provoked Republicans’ protests, were closing in on a package calling for as much as $3 trillion in savings from substantial spending cuts and future revenue produced by a tax code overhaul. If it could be sold to Congress, the plan could clear the way for a vote to increase the federal debt ceiling before an Aug. 2 deadline."

I said, "Legislative language". Meaning, an actual bill. Don't quote me some speculative crapola from the NYT and pass it off as anything besides what it is: hersay.

That's just too funny. Blame is all we have heard from the right for the past 4 years.
Solutions? Do you understand how Washington DC works? Let me help.
There are TWO parties. Each of the two parties tend to have very different views on "solutions".
Historically, it has taken compromise to develop solutions. Both Reagan and Bush 41 raised taxes in compromise deals to move the country forward.

Interesting. Everyone is talking about some kind of tax hikes. So I'd say a compromise has been made. It's dishonest to claim otherwise.

The GOP had "solutions" that were rejected by the voting public. Yet, you insist on GOP solutions and nothing else.

More fail. I've posted dozens of times what I want. You post on how Obama is winning and how everyone but him is to blame.

One approach goes toward a solution. The other goes toward whistling past the fiscal graveyard. Make sure the tune you blow is a sad one, because unfortunately there are more people who see it like you (a big blame game) than who see it like me (a chance to solve a problem).

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849766 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 7:26 PM
"Make sure the tune you blow is a sad one"

Ok that was funny.

JediG

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849767 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 7:28 PM
Recommendations: 3
You people

.......the signature line of someone who is full of cr*p.

You do know the prez referred to Americans in an April speech at the University of Colorado ‘you people?’...don't you? <snicker>

So you people should just get over anyone saying, 'you people'. If it is all right for the prez to say you people it's OK for anyone else to say, you people. Got it, you people?

http://twitchy.com/2012/07/19/hypocrisy-alert-wheres-was-the...

Author: wzambon Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849770 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 7:55 PM
You do know the prez referred to Americans in an April speech at the University of Colorado ‘you people?’...don't you? <snicker>

When he said that, he was full of cr$p, too.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849790 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 9:31 PM
"Their only potential savior is if Harry Reid proves to be dumber than Boehner."

I don't think Boehner is dumb. He was just put in an unwinnable situation. He was tasked with representing a group of idealogues that refuse to negotiate, at the negotiation table.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849792 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 9:43 PM
"Lots of whining about the inability to come to a deal. Lots of complaints about who's to blame, time off, this that.",/i>

Yes you have done lots of whining.

PA libs? LOL it is aways so funny to see the fantasies that the nutjob echo chmaber comes up with.

I know facts have a way of being misrepresented in Dopeworld, but the fact of the matter is that the President, the Democratic Senate, and the Republican Speaker of the House spent much of the last two years discussing solutions and actually came to agreement a couple of times on solutions.

Unfortunately the extreme wing of the Republican party refused to be part of those solutions.

You can pretend otherwise, but those are simple facts. Ignoring those facts just makes you look silly.

"You spent two years calling anybody who wanted to bring federal spending in line a 'teabagger'."

See this is why you have no credibility left of this subject. You are so dishonest about your opponents and their positions. There are plenty of people who want to get federal spending in line who were never ever called anything resembling a teabagger.

Do you think Richieds has ever been called a teabagger? How about Peter? How about Felix? How about myself? All of us want more responsible federal spending yet have never been called teabaggers.

"Well, guess what? Stupid name calling doesn't make Uncle Sam magically balance his budget."

Neither does pouting and throwing a tantrum unless you get everything you want.

Hope you enjoy those sour grapes.

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849793 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 9:46 PM
I've still got a nasty feeling the deal will be at $400k, not $250k.

That'll save many greedy coastal yuppy liberals from putting money where their mouth is.

Either way, $250k 0r $400k, the structural problems are intact, and being made bigger by Obama and the Left.

Class envy, food stamps, racism, cradle to grave government, it all ends up badly eventually as we're seeing in Greece, France, etc.

Notice how a few of these Liberals are nervous today? All they care about is their stock portfolio.

JediG

Obama won, and $400 k is about right.

Jedi is correct, massive problems remain, and are growing.

Useless tools in Congress, on both sides. No stones.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849796 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 10:06 PM
"Interesting. Everyone is talking about some kind of tax hikes. So I'd say a compromise has been made. It's dishonest to claim otherwise."

Absurd. In one sentence you whine about "actual bill" vs hearsay. In the next, you jump all over hearsay?
Even you must be laughing at that one. Come on, admit it? -)

IF a compromise has been reached in which tax hikes are included, then that would be just fine. It has not happened yet and, again, my point, which you have, painfully, ignored, is that the same compromise a year ago would have gotten the GOP most of what they wanted.
You do understand that, right? You still can put common sense ahead of bitter partisanship?
Clearly, the GOP had a stronger position in last year's negotiations than they have today, correct? This isn't rocket science.

"One approach goes toward a solution. The other goes toward whistling past the fiscal graveyard."

In 2008, one approach, which saved our economy, was fought against by the GOP against their own president. Thanks to bipartisan dems, TARP passed and was one of the most successful financial programs in this country's history.
Solutions? Lots of talk but no action when it counts.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849797 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 10:09 PM
"I don't think Boehner is dumb. He was just put in an unwinnable situation."

I have to disagree on that. Yes, he has a splintered bunch of idealogues but he played their game until it was too late.

Only at this late date has he finally begun to understand the problem.

He, either, is not all that bright or he just lacked courage. Either way, not a good thing.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849798 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 10:12 PM
He, either, is not all that bright or he just lacked courage. Either way, not a good thing.

There is a third option. Arrogance. He thought he could control them. I think we are getting a new Speaker next week.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849801 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 10:20 PM
"I think we are getting a new Speaker next week."

I guess it depends on tomorrow. I have a hard time seeing that though.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849804 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/30/2012 10:29 PM
Pure speculation on my part. I'm just wondering why Eric Cantor has been so quiet lately.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849821 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 3:48 AM
http://boards.fool.com/search/solr.aspx?q=paultards&data...

http://boards.fool.com/search/solr.aspx?q=ronulans&dataS...

This one was nice by Bill: Death to all Ronulans... in a general and a specific sense.

Just kill em all!

Well, you got your wish, they didn't even get to be seated as delegates in some states they won.

Nobody cared how the GOP hijacked SOME of what they were saying, while they and the Democrats out and out lied and infiltrated their websites with kooks (the whole while being called out by his real supporters)

Doesn't matter whether or not Ron Paul won or not, but it sure as heck made a difference about which "party" ultimately won didn't it?

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849823 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 4:41 AM
TARP passed and was one of the most successful financial programs in this country's history.

No, it wasn't. That may have been it's intent, but the special prosecutor assigned by Bush to watch over it,who btw was an Obama supporter, found out in no uncertain terms it ended up being a slush fund. He has a particular dislike of Geithner

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_sl_2js1kfbjmr_e?rh=i%3Astripb...

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849895 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 11:46 AM
"It's the same 40 to 50 chuckleheads that have screwed this place up all year," complained retiring Rep. Steven LaTourette, R-Ohio.

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849903 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 12:08 PM
Recommendations: 4
Absurd. In one sentence you whine about "actual bill" vs hearsay. In the next, you jump all over hearsay?
Even you must be laughing at that one. Come on, admit it? -)

Fail, again. You're the one who keeps claiming there will be no compromise. At all. Ever.

And yet, Boehner went to his caucus and asked for a Plan B. It didn't go through, but he went and asked for it. I've yet to see a democrat take similar steps.

Just stop already. You've pole vaulted across the line from interesting to tiresome.

IF a compromise has been reached in which tax hikes are included, then that would be just fine. It has not happened yet and, again, my point, which you have, painfully, ignored, is that the same compromise a year ago would have gotten the GOP most of what they wanted.

So why not make the same deal now? Oh, that's right. The democrats think they can get stuff for free. Again, learn to argue: you consistently blame the GOP for 100% of everything yet continually undercut your own case.

In 2008, one approach, which saved our economy, was fought against by the GOP against their own president. Thanks to bipartisan dems, TARP passed and was one of the most successful financial programs in this country's history.
Solutions? Lots of talk but no action when it counts.

In 2008 we had a real President. Not a clown like now.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849908 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 12:13 PM
BTW. Here's the inconvenient truth:

Had the democrat party done its job and passed a live budget, we wouldn't be staring at the cliff (because tax and spending policy would be known ahead of time).

But nooooooo. Pelosi/Reid/Obama wanted to hide their plundering of the U.S. Treasury and replaced the budget process with Continuing Resolutions, and act of complete political cowardice.

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849912 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 12:18 PM
But nooooooo. Pelosi/Reid/Obama wanted to hide their plundering of the U.S. Treasury and replaced the budget process with Continuing Resolutions, and act of complete political cowardice.

Oh, I think there is plenty of that going on all around. (political cowardice, that is).

Author: goofnoff Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1849947 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 1:59 PM
Actually, I didn't realize it had any power at all

Speak for yourself. I post, and a week later all the TV talking heads are quoting me without attribution.

I am the secret force in TV news media.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850006 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 5:10 PM
"And yet, Boehner went to his caucus and asked for a Plan B. It didn't go through, but he went and asked for it. I've yet to see a democrat take similar steps."

Obama offered his own "plan B"....raising the threshold to $400,000.

Difference was that Boehner couldn't deliver his group on his plan B.

The compromise being reached now comes thanks to the fact that the GOP understands exactly what will happen on Jan. 2 if they don't compromise on the tax hike.

"In 2008 we had a real President."

Yup, and the GOP forced him to turn to Pelosi and Reid to get his plan to save the economy through Congress.
Kudos to Bush for putting his country first.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850010 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 5:16 PM
"And yet, Boehner went to his caucus and asked for a Plan B. It didn't go through, but he went and asked for it. I've yet to see a democrat take similar steps."

Obama offered his own "plan B"....raising the threshold to $400,000.

Difference was that Boehner couldn't deliver his group on his plan B.

The compromise being reached now comes thanks to the fact that the GOP understands exactly what will happen on Jan. 2 if they don't compromise on the tax hike.

"In 2008 we had a real President."

Yup, and the GOP forced him to turn to Pelosi and Reid to get his plan to save the economy through Congress.
Kudos to Bush for putting his country first.

The last statement is so incongruous when defending Obama's actions, it it actually awe inspiring.

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1850014 of 1961165
Subject: Re: You have the government you deserve Date: 12/31/2012 5:23 PM
"The last statement is so incongruous when defending Obama's actions, it it actually awe inspiring."

Nothing to do with defending Obama. Far more to do with an indictment of a GOP which has become nothing more than a cog in the wheel, regardless of who happens to be president at the time.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (41) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement