Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You have three years from the time your return was filed, or two years from the time you paid your tax, whichever is later when filing for a refund. So it sounds like time has run out on you to file an amended return.

Was there an explanation sent to you with the corrected W-2's? Usually the only reason for corrections like this would have to do with incorrect social security numbers, or excess social security being withheld by one employer. If this was the case, you may need to have the employer issue you a refund, if it was indeed excess social security withheld.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.