UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 740365  
Subject: Re: grass cutting guys and gals Date: 10/31/2013 9:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
You have to keep weight on the Deere anymore to avoid shutting the thing off due to a switch on the seat that unloads if you go over a hill. - howie

-------------

I have a regular John deere tractor that had that same annoying seat feature as your riding mower. It is intended to make sure the operator was in the seat before starting. Often I wanted to start it just to raise or tilt the front loader and it was a PITA to have climb up and set down just for that. The other annoyance was you had be in the seat if the PTO was engaged. If you got up before disengaging the PTO, the engine would die. Another PITA, especially when using the post hole digger where you have to be out of the seat to position and operate the digger.

Anyway, the seat apparatus can easily be disenaged. Simply look for the wires running under the seat. On the end will be a plug that plugs into some sort of sensor built into the seat. Pull the plug and insert a jumper across the two terminals and voila, the tractor thinks you are setting down when you aren't. I used a short piece of 12 guage copper wire and stripped about a half inch of insulation off of each end. Bend into a U shape and shove the ends into the connector. A little electrical tape to keep in place and keep out mositure and your done. 5 minutes tops.
bhm

>>>>>>>
I know why they have all these safety feature but my gawd, before too long we'll be required to take tests and get licenses to operate the dang things.

I just hauled out the 3 lawn mowers for the guy whenever he comes to pick them up today and I was reminded of my "go-round" on the safety bar on the ancient Craftsman mower, I just used a little pipe clamp to attach to handle, so the thing wouldn't cut off if I had to step away from mower. There was a guy at work that cut up his foot when he ran over with a lawn mower....uhhh...he wasn't all that sharp working either....he's a custodian at a church now.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement