Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WonderPup Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 96210  
Subject: Re: Saying Goodbye to an All-Time Great RB Date: 1/8/2007 7:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 73
You hear that, Barber? It hurts when he walks, but at least he gave his team everything. Didn't leave at least two good years on the table so he can go make goo-goo eyes at Meredith Viera when Matt Lauer's getting his hair plugs replaced. Didn't choose the glamour life when he was at the top of his game. Just loved football, and helped his team as long as he humanly could.

If I had never won a championship, I'd rather be in Canton than trying to make it in tv-land, knowing I left without giving every last ounce trying to win that ring.

I hope Tiki and Curtis Martin have their retirement ceremonies at the same time on opposite sides of town, so New York football fans can tell Barber what a real football hero looks like by sending Martin off right.

I couldn't disagree more with this.

I love sports--not just football, but most sports out there. But one thing that pisses me off about sports in general, and most sports in specific (especially football), is this macho bull-**** about playing through any and all injuries at all cost.

There's a hell of a lot more to life than football. Tiki should be praised for the things he's done during his time in the game, and criticized (or at least critiqued) for the flaws he's shown while doing it. But he doesn't deserve any criticism whatsoever for deciding not to break his body beyond repair for the benefit of the beer-swilling masses.

--WP, happy to see Tiki walk away on his own terms, not limp away
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement