Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Tastylunch Three stars, 500 posts Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1640  
Subject: Re: Great googly, Batman, another stock! Date: 3/17/2009 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
You know Ed I like this pick.there's a couple hiccups that probbaly need to be looked into before taking a position
They do have a recent semi-major red flag from their last quarter
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Sykes-Enterprises-4Q-profit-ap...
Sounds like they took a hit earnings wise and lost a big court case
The thing to really find about is whether that Tax issue is going to be ongoing.

But this sort of blah earnings is true for just about everybody lately. I might wish to wait a quarter to see if this becomes a pattern or if it's a one time deal.

They are little pricey Price/Book wise but since they are still in their grow phase I don't think that's a deal breaker

The one thing I don't know is how their line of business works very well. I would think it would remain in demand in this economy for sales leads would remain stable. But for me personally I'll have to learn about it before investing. Their line of work has a thin operating margin so I'd want to have a better grip on the risks before getting in. My guess is they will be fine for sales.

Unfortunately the technicals look fairly bad, it's in a well defined down channel and it's way below the moving averages. So timing wise if you are into that you might be able to pick a better spot.

excellent suggestion Ed , this one looks like it could be one that could have a lot of promise. Might be a great one to keep ondeck but not go long on just yet.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement