UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LoneBowler Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9824  
Subject: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/28/2008 11:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 35

Well, on this board I hardly need to recite the list.

It’s been ten years, exactly, and I still miss Phil Hartman.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9680 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/29/2008 12:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I tend to vote for his characters in MM out of respect (and because I really liked his characters)

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9681 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/29/2008 3:08 PM
Recommendations: 2
It’s been ten years, exactly, and I still miss Phil Hartman.

Such a brilliant comedian... <sniff>. His impression of Bill Clinton absolutely defined every other impression of Clinton that came after it. His character on News Radio was consistently among the all-time great comic performances. I miss him too.

Author: dianagram Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9682 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/29/2008 4:09 PM
Recommendations: 0
such a talent .... and apparently, such a joy to work with and be associated with ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hartman

Diane
- sigh

Author: Kazim Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9683 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/29/2008 4:58 PM
Recommendations: 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Hartman

Until I read the Wikipedia article, and followed a link to this article,
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/06/15/billy-west-the-tv-squad-in...
I had no idea that Phil was originally cast for the role of Zapp Brannigan in Futurama. Terrible shame -- that role was made for Phil. Both literally and self-evidently.

Billy West, who now voices Zapp along with half the other voices on the show, says that when he does Zapp he's really doing his best impression of Phil.

Author: CryingofLot49 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9684 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/30/2008 10:50 AM
Recommendations: 3
We remember him from such films as:

P is for Pterodactyl, and
The President's Neck Is Missing!

He was one of the first to speak out against horseplay.

Author: thefoolhimself Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9685 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/30/2008 11:53 AM
"I'm not wearing a tie at all"

"And you get this free smoking monkey!"

"You might remember me from such films as: Today We Live Tomorrow We Die and Gladys, The Groovy Mule"

"No money down... No, money down!"

"Don't kid yourself, Jimmy, if a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about."

Author: CryingofLot49 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9753 of 9824
Subject: Re: You may remember him from such films as... Date: 5/30/2010 6:02 PM
It's been another two years, and I still miss Phil Hartman.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement