Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You may want to ask your employer why he or she thinks you're a contractor. If your employer doesn't provide a satisfactory response, then you may want to complain to your state's labor-regulating agency.

Thanks for your reply, David and others. She 'thinks' that I am a contractor because she doesn't want to 'deal with' Fed withholding, Social Security, etc. She is an S Corp. It's a retail store that sells craft supplies. I worked at the store during her open hours, doing floor sales, running the cash register, helping customers with their projects, etc. I no longer work there, so aside from calling the authorities, it sounds like my option is to suck it up and pay the tax, huh?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.