Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You may want to consider that you can avoid a large capital gain on the sale of whichever is your residence. For this you have to have lived in it for a period of time - 3 years, I think. Moving to the home with the large equity and capital gain may save big tax bucks. I presume that the home you are living in has a much smaller capital gain.
An AARP tax advisor would be more definite about this than this amateur can.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.