No. of Recommendations: 0
You might look into IRS Form 4972 Lump Sum Distributions. You might be able to take it all out at a reasonable tax rate (it independently starts at 15% regardless of your regular tax bracket), then invest it in a tax managed and/or index fund. What youy do need will only be taxed as long term capital gains on the gain after liberation only. You must be at least 65 in year 2000 to do this. ed
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.