Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You really need to make sure that you have cut sufficient ties to Canada to be considered a non-resident for taxation. (For you Americans, Canadians and citizens of most other countries do NOT have to pay tax to the country of their citizenship unless they are residing in that country) You can check out the information at The site is that of a US/Canada tax accountant. I haven't used his services but the site is very informative. You could also use the web board at which has a lot of other Canucks discussing visa, tax, and other related issues.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.