Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You should really look closely into the 72(t) option to avoid the penalty. You don't have to put your entire account into the 72t. You can put part of your IRA account into it, or open up several 72t's. Since you are close to 59-1/2, I believe you can structure your IRA's for a partial transfer to a 72(t)account and structure withdrawals for a short term of years until you hit 59-1/2. You might want to talk to a full service broker about this.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.