Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: WadaPhooliam Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196947  
Subject: You Think Secular Humanism Is Bad? Date: 1/6/2002 1:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3

Try this idiot. He proposes to 'build' God.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16052757

And to build his own extraordinarily simplistic moral system.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=16052289

The hilarious part is that he fancies himself a 'conservative'.

Wada
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AdrianSpidle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71727 of 196947
Subject: Re: You Think Secular Humanism Is Bad? Date: 1/6/2002 3:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
There is nothing in my theology that contradicts the teachings of Jesus Christ. I'm just building a theology consistent with my scientific training.

IN FACT, I intend to include the teachings of Christ in my developing church's techings and do consider THE CHURCH OF THE MODERN ERA as just another Christian - Protestant - church.

Adrian

Author: khalou Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 71730 of 196947
Subject: Re: You Think Secular Humanism Is Bad? Date: 1/6/2002 3:55 PM
Recommendations: 2
Adrian,

I'm suprised you haven't brought up Gallileo. (Hope it was Gallileo! Otherwise I'll be crucified!)

The church threatened to kill the guy because he claimed that the earth wasn't the center of the universe. If one didn't know, it would indeed seem rather sacreligious to suggest that the pearl of God's creation were not indeed the center of things!

But time and time again, science is accused of going against God and his plan for things. And time and time again, that argument is held pointless as a result of greater understanding of the 'pearl of God's creation'.

Must be tough to be a Christian and a Scientist. Not because there's any real clash of truths, just because there are so many 'percieved' clashes! True science does indeed speculate on a great many things. Some of which might be wrong. But the whole agenda of science in the first place is to discover the truth of things! Whatever is wrong will be cast aside or used for future research. Don't worry about the scientists, folks! They have a higher sense of being open to the truth than most people!

k

k

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement