Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You will definitely have to pay US taxes on your capital gains. I think you will be required to get a TIN (Tax Identification Number). Since you are a foreign national, I don't know how you would pay your taxes using America's 1040 Form.

Check with your brokerage account.

Please be aware that if you don't pay taxes and make a late payment the Internal Revenue Service WILL impose penalties that you will have to pay, which could wipe out your profits.

Sometimes dealing with America can be a pain in the butt.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.