No. of Recommendations: 0
You will need to file schedule C for self-employment income.
If there were expenses associated with making this income, you will deduct those (professional licenses, fees, possibly travel and hotel).
From your schedule C earnings, you can contribute about 15% to a SEP IRA. You can open the account with
most brokerages and send them the check.
You can also put in a $2000 IRA contribution, which depending on your income may or may not be deductible, but that doesn't help your tax situation.

Best wishes, Chris
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.