Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
You will need to "retire" the year befor you child graduates from high school.

Thank you for thinking about what I posted.

The Fafsa form that gets filled out for financial aid can be amended for change of circumstances, though there is a good chance aid will be gone by then. And it gets filed every year, so if we miss a year of decreased costs, no big deal. The potential for decreased college costs is more of an intellectual study on how the system works, hopefully with a payoff for our efforts, than how we need to approach paying for college, or even a motivation for retirement. It's more important to us to take the time to see how Obamacare impacts us, and give the company time to react and pull early retiree health care if that is their plan.

with one in college already
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.