Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Ctcotton One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36502  
Subject: Re: Adding more Date: 3/21/2000 9:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You wrote: "I got into Celera with 25 shares and am considering adding another 25, because of the recent "dip". Would it then be reasonable to consider that I own 50 shares at the average price between the two purcharses?"

YES, take the total cost of the 50 shares and divide by 50 for your new average cost. I've bought CRA on 4 different occasions before and after the split and am working on a $75 average cost per share.
"I will not need this money for the next 5-10 years, so short-term volatility does not do much for me. Good or bad idea?"

It's really up to you. I bought an added 50 shares today when it was down at 84 1/16 because I'm in this for the long term and at these prices the stock is even a better deal...But NOBODY knows what may happen except I would believe over the next 5-10 yrs you're going to make a profit but you're going to be in for a wild ride.

CT
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement