Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: AirForceFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 122  
Subject: You'll feel better... REALLY :P Date: 12/3/2008 1:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
So I have a question for you... would you rather have a one year sub to SA, or $500 or $1000 bucks?

I ask this because we're 96 Fools short of the magic 500 number for the Good Riddance 2008 Contest in CAPS. The first place prize is either a yearly sub to SA or IF there are more then 500 folks sign up, then the winner gets a dollar amount equal to the number of players in the contest... you only have to pick one stock to be in the contest... pick one now, and if you never have time to get back to the contest, at least you'll know that you've hooked up another Fool for the holidays...

Chris
who is gonna wait and try to be the actual 500th person to sign up... a small victory in these crazy times.

http://caps.fool.com/Contest/47289/index.aspx
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTwitty Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119 of 122
Subject: Re: You'll feel better... REALLY :P Date: 12/3/2008 10:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Up to 440, Chris - keep your eye on it ;)

Richard

Author: mycache101 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 120 of 122
Subject: Re: You'll feel better... REALLY :P Date: 12/3/2008 7:01 PM
Recommendations: 1
(55 to go)

I thought of waiting a few more weeks on purpose, thinking there might be another big down day, or three, before year end.
That strategy has the potential of adding quite a few contestants in the weeks ahead.

Julie
< my guess on the participation factor>

Author: AirForceFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 121 of 122
Subject: Re: You'll feel better... REALLY :P Date: 12/7/2008 1:56 AM
Recommendations: 2
ONLY 38 more Fools needed... no qualifications necessary... except type in a ticker and press sibmit.

Chris
Well actually only 37 if you count me...

LOL... make that 38... I just checked the offical rules, and get this...

4. PRIZES: If there are more than 500 contestants, the winner will receive a dollar amount equal to the number of contestants, not to exceed $2,000. If there are fewer than 500 contestants, the winner will receive a 1 year subscription to Motley Fool Stock Advisor (value $199).

So what happens if there are exactly 500 contestants? LOL... I think they'll bend our way if we hoot and holla... but let's just be safe and make it 501 contestants.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement