No. of Recommendations: 0
You'll *never* find the top producers organizing loan files. Beginners will, to learn the game... but any loan officer that doesn't rapidly evolve away from administrative minutiea is doomed. Every minute you spend double checking rental history is a minute you'll never be able to spend on generating a new client.

I kinda disagree with this because personally analyzing the borrower's documents is the essence of loan origination. Once the borrower has submitted the requested (by me) documents AND the loan originator has analyzed them to determine the best course of action, THEN the back office can assemble and organize the documents, of course. Everything is now in PDF format so, no, I don't rename the documents as required and organize and upload them to the lender's portal. My processor does that. But if I'm not fully aware of what's in the documents to begin with, I'll get a condition list as long as my arm that makes me tired just to look at it. My goal is to get as short a condition list as is humanly possible.
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement