Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Your client should include any amounts they pay to you or on your behalf in the Form 1099-MISC that they give you at the end of the year. So you will need to pick up this as income. If your client doesn't include it in the Form 1099-MISC, you have a choice as to whether to be honest and report it as income (because it clearly is) or not to be honest and not report it.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.