Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Your comments regarding the fact that the 18-25 yr old age group is the fastest growing age group filing for bankruptcy hits close to home. I have recently given up a long time profession to follow a passion. That passion being to work with children and young adults in an effort to help them become financially literate. It is amazing to me how much material is available, much of it for free, that somehow is not finding it's way to the intended users. I'm now in the process of researching different avenues to bring this project together and am requesting input from anyone interested in the subject. Curriculum content is not as difficult as finding the right vehicle to use to reach those who need the information. It seems that there is material available for the public schools to use but they are often times too busy to include another subject into the already full schedule. What about a place where children and young adults could go to with or without their parents to be made more aware of the joy of money in their lives. Would parents pay for this type of service? Or would parents be helped by having more useful tools to use at home? If there is anything I learned from all of my years coaching youth or teaching Sunday school that is that kids sometimes will listen to anyone other than there parents when it comes to life advice. Any comments that you might have or suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to leave any comments at Jnab2001@aol.com. Thank you.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement