UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734503  
Subject: Your future under ObamaCare Date: 10/10/2012 1:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
UK version of socialized medicine failing...rationed diagnostic equipment....paying doctors NOT to send folks to the hospital or for 'expensive' tests

----

A mother-of-four died from cervical cancer after doctors misdiagnosed her malignant tumour 30 times, her devastated family have claimed.

Jeannine Harvey, 33, was in so much pain that she couldn't get out of bed without assistance.

Despite this, and more than 30 medical consultations, doctors were still insistent Ms Harvey was suffering with 'anxiety' from a suspected torn ligament.

She was eventually diagnosed with cancer just three months before she died in July.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2215532/My-sisters...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
---

t.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648258 of 734503
Subject: Re: Your future under ObamaCare Date: 10/11/2012 9:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Despite this, and more than 30 medical consultations, doctors were still insistent Ms Harvey was suffering with 'anxiety' from a suspected torn ligament.

I've seen my share of hypochondriacs but this is just astounding. I simple CAT scan or even ultrasound would have show something was wrong. And those are NOT expensive tests (relatively speaking).

JLC

Author: beaconclks Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648266 of 734503
Subject: Re: Your future under ObamaCare Date: 10/11/2012 10:11 AM
Recommendations: 0

She was eventually diagnosed with cancer just three months before she died in July.

Ah.... but it's certain that there somewhere existed some (government-funded and influenced) "evidence-based" studies that established guidelines and diagnostic algorithms where radiologic imaging wasn't cost-effective (so to speak).

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648268 of 734503
Subject: Re: Your future under ObamaCare Date: 10/11/2012 10:16 AM
Recommendations: 1
"Ah.... but it's certain that there somewhere existed some (government-funded and influenced) "evidence-based" studies that established guidelines and diagnostic algorithms where radiologic imaging wasn't cost-effective (so to speak). "

England has run out of money for diagnostic machines. You have a long waiting time....for 'routine stuff' other than emergencies like car accidents....

Canada is in the same boat,with months long waiting times for an MRI. THere are more MRI machines in some cities in the US than in all of Canada. Probably a few too many......as hospitals have 'envy' and every one wants their own department and machines regardless of the cost.

t.

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648303 of 734503
Subject: Re: Your future under ObamaCare Date: 10/11/2012 1:11 PM
Recommendations: 1
THere are more MRI machines in some cities in the US than in all of Canada.

According to wiki.answers.com there are between 7,000 and 10,000 MRI machines in the US.

Canada, with a touch over 1/10 the population, has 222.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement