Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Your key screwup above is the word "discounting". That is as GWB loves to say Fuzzy Math.

I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing stuff that actually had an impact on most people's day to day lives. That was why the poster was making comparisons between door to door fundamentalists.

After all, that WAS the example given, comparing door to door fundie christians vs fundie muslim suicide bombers(though I still am not aware of any happening in the U.S.)

Your key screwup was to not look at where the bar was set. The bar was set at common day to day occurences. Things like a bunch of christian wack jobs grabbing some guy because he is homosexual and proceeding to torturing him to death. And than other christian wack jobs trying to set up a monument in honor of his murder.

See, little stuff.

I suppose if you must include the big stuff, you could seperate it out into big and little, number of casualties, number of occurences, economic damages etc.

Your whole post was a waste of time, and I hope I have taught you a lesson about discounting actual events and reality in forming your arguments.

You didn't teach any lessons on discounting reality because you didn't actually make an attempt to do a survey of reality. You just picked a few events which supported your opinion and drew your conclusions from those few events.

So, I'm not sure what it was you were trying to illustrate, other than giving an example of a closed mind.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement