No. of Recommendations: 0
Your new company's benefits director should be able to give you the details of the new company's 401(k) plan, including what the fees and annual expenses are. I don't have high hopes.

If you decide to "roll over" your existing 401(k) funds to a self-directed IRA, you are not required to go with that particular broker. In fact, you can open your IRA at any broker or mutual fund company. There are plenty of them with lower fees than this other broker wants to charge you.

I recommend Vanguard. They have quite a good selection of funds, including some very well run index funds. And all of their fees are low, as long as you have at least $5000 per fund.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.