Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37992  
Subject: Re: I'm just gonna get this all off my chest Date: 10/2/2012 8:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Your post hit home for so many reasons. Got all teary eyed before I had to run out and grab DD from preschool, so I had no time to reply earlier.

Last November, we lost my grandfather. I can't believe it's nearly been a year already. Granted he was in his 80's, and had been progressively ill, but it still hit people hard.

But related to this, my father is also 59. One day we were talking and he casually mentioned he'd been to his doctor and was getting "back on" (maintenance medication for a chronic issue that should be taken daily). Um, Dad, when did you stop taking it?? Geez! I'm 99% sure his refills ran out and he just never bothered to call the doctor about it, or schedule a physical to get them refilled.

I am also currently pregnant. If the worst were to happen, DD is 4 and might remember him some. I lost great-grandparents around that age, and my memories are weak. But the little one still cooking would probably have no memories if a death were to occur in the next few years. :-(

I totally understand mourning for yourselves as well as for the loss of what LJ will never know. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

:-(

DizChick
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

The American Energy Revolution
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement