Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: RBenford Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19366  
Subject: Re: retirement living Date: 3/9/2000 2:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Your post reminds me of the old saying, "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

We lived several years in Utah with what seemed like ten little ones per house on our block. Our neighbors had kids on a trampoline until dark in the summer, with a radio as they got older. Our bedroom window was adjacent to their playground. I left for work at 6:30AM and had a tough time getting much rest.

We chose Sun City Center, FL after careful research and investigation. While my wife and I are not active in most of the activities available we have to schedule time to be with each other. I am pursuing my life long interest drama by joining the local community theater.

Our plan is to move into those activities available to us based on our physical abilities. As we age we want to have activities available by golf cart or walking if possible. All that is here and the people we have met are tremendous. It is like it was when we were first married and had kids. Everyone in the neighborhood is in the same boat trying to learn how to do this thing called "retirement."

I am not trying to say anyone else is wrong for not choosing a retirement community. There are things about SCC I do not particularly like, but I am happier here than I have been at any other time of my life.

Bob
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement