Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Your prior tax records should show what was IRA regular and what is Roth. As I have been told by my cpa, when you liquidate, the funds will be taxed on a per centage basis. If 50 percent of your ira contributions are regular IRA then 50 percent of the amount would be taxed at your tax rate. So yes they can be intermingled and it should not be a problem. The law was changed in the last year or so because there was a record keeping problem. This maybe some help, but check with your cpa or you can call the IRS 800 number to confirm. My wife has her account co mingled with Ameritrade and it is not a problem. Sincerely; Bob Cox
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.