UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134706  
Subject: Re: Romney Foreign Policy Speech: Wow! Date: 10/9/2012 7:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
You're not alone. Romney survived the Republican debates because his competition was......well, I don't want to be uncharitable. Now the Party is stuck with Mitt, and he's putting on a show, promising something for everybody.

I was a pro-Romney primary voter. In fact I was a pro-Romney primary voter in 2008 too.

This apathy about Romney you're counting on was far overstated IMHO. Plenty of us are just fine with his core beliefs and though we may have quibbles about certain things he's done in the past that simply means he's not a perfect candidate... but no candidate is perfect. We don't have to deify someone to vote for him, that's more of a Dem thing.

The NRA endorsed Romney/Ryan last week. That has to get the goat of liberals who kept pushing the line "Romney's a gun grabber!!! Massachusetts!!! Assault Weapons Ban!!!" Hey, Bush campaigned on renewing the AWB, but had a change of heart and didn't when it expired and then nominated two of the five Justices who ruled the right way in the Heller and McDonald cases. Romney is far more likely to nominate Justices like Alito and Roberts than Sotomayor and Kagan (who ruled the wrong way in McDonald, for the record).

I truly believe that a President Romney could be just as great as Reagan. Don't forget that Reagan was pretty liberal when he was younger, far more liberal than Romney ever was. Reagan was a Union president at one time! But he evolved to become the standard-bearer for Conservatism in the Oval Office. Romney seems to be cut of that very same mold IMHO. I'll just as happily vote for him in November as I did this spring in the Michigan primary (and the race is close in Michigan, which is back into the "toss-up" category, VERY bad news for Team 0bama!)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Back to the Future Buffalo Wild Wings
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement