UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: Re: I might be crazy but.... Date: 4/11/2013 8:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
You're not crazy. You are institutionalized. The Man has sucked the life out of you for so long you depend on those walls.

visiopn, Don't even listen to people who have no idea who you are or what you want or how you want to go about achieving self-actualization.

The people to listen to are those who suggest that you not depend on the kindness of a company for your needs.

My goal before I retired was to get myself into the financial situation where we would be able to survive quite nicely if I left my job.

As many many employees have found out the hard way, you may love the company but they don't love you back.

To purposely put yourself into the situation where you are depending on the company for your house, you car, etc. is financially INSANE. I once had a fellow employee who worked a deal whereby he would have a company car (it involved him taking a sideways transfer without a raise). It all worked fine until he got caught in a layoff, and they demanded the car keys as they walked him out the door.

All in one fell swoop, no job, no car. I can't imagine adding "all my furniture on the sidewalk" to that.

The Plan. Seek a salary of 14K,..... This would create a savings for them of over 60K per year ...
Just on the face of it, I see a real easy way for them to create a savings of $74K, plus the cost of a car lease and a house lease.

Stop looking at this from the viewpoint that you want them to view it from. Look at this from the viewpoint that a new department manager would look at it. "Hmmm, we pay this guy a small salary, and a car and a house, and he only works a couple days a week. What in the world was his old manager thinking?"

That 60K "savings" you think is so important to them becomes of zero importance quickly. Like the "savings" you made by declining to buy a sports car last year.

You are just doing wishful thinking.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement