UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Storytelr1 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44  
Subject: Yup! Date: 12/17/1998 8:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Glad to hear that at least a few people out there feel pretty much the same way about HAST as I do: The potential for wonderful stock performance really is there. I've convinced the people in my investment club of this also; although, most of them were only too happy to jump in on HAST, since they'd all shopped the place a billion times before. They know what Hastings is, and probably have a faint idea what it might grow to be. It's nice to own stock in a company you can relate to, particularly if you're just learning about investing, which most of my club members are.

Perhaps the best thing I see about Hastings is this: Around this area (Norman, OK), no other business offers the sheer conglomeration of "weekend/weeknight products" that Hastings does. Sure, you can get videotapes anywhere. And bestsellers and paperbacks can darn sure be bought down the road at Barnes & Noble or Borders. CD stores? All over the place. But Hastings has all these in one place (none of The Other Guys can say that), and generally at better prices than (you guessed it) The Other Guys. No one else here matches 'em. Their products aren't unique, but their presentation is. I can tell you this: On Saturday nights, Hastings parking lot (not a small one, either) is crammed fender-to-fender. Barnes & Noble, Blockbuster Music, and Blockbuster Video parking lots simply are not. I'm going out on a limb and betting that it's much the same situation elsewhere.

So I'm really rooting for HAST. I think we're looking at a Peter Lynch multi-bagger here. (I hope I hope I hope!)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mystex Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30 of 44
Subject: Re: Yup! Date: 12/7/1999 12:13 AM
Recommendations: 0
Hey Storytelr1 gotta agree with you there. I just came here to Norman from Altus to atend OU. I was working at hastings before I came up here and I'm fixin to start workin with them again. Last year I bought 50 shares at like 15 dollars, they had a thing come open for the employees, saw the chance and took it, unfortunetly I only had 650 dollars saved up I could spend on it. Was a little bit worried when they had that first dip, my first time investing, but got a view of how their revenue was increasing and knew I'd definetly got on with a winner. Definetly gonna stay with them for the long run, hopefully buy some more stock with them and try to get a couple of others when I can afford it.

Author: rilearn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31 of 44
Subject: Re: Yup! Date: 1/29/2000 11:38 PM
Storyteller, I know you'd tell a different story today. Why not come out and give us the sequel?

Author: Vliam Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32 of 44
Subject: Re: Yup! Date: 1/30/2000 4:22 PM
Well, I wish you the best Mystex. I really hope you are successful. But there's many more stores out there and some of them are just in shambles. I wish I had some pictures of the store that I worked at for approx 4 years. They really should just close the place down. If they did that then I might consider investing in this place. At the moment though, I have nothing in Hastings. On the other hand, I have also worked for B&N in the fairly recent past. They are an extremely well run machine. They're problem was the whole Babbage's buyout. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement