Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: Yup Date: 7/30/2008 9:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm retired.

sunray
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ImAGolfer Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 207 of 294
Subject: Re: Yup Date: 7/31/2008 2:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm retired.

Hey SunRay. Congrats! That's the only way to fly.

Regards,

ImAGolfer (retired '03)

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 208 of 294
Subject: Re: Yup Date: 8/1/2008 8:58 PM
2003 was my retirement year also.

;-)

sunray
a man RAINED out today
but, FedEx did deliver a [demo] Callaway 9 deg FTi driver today

Author: ImAGolfer Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 209 of 294
Subject: Re: Yup Date: 8/2/2008 9:51 AM
but, FedEx did deliver a [demo] Callaway 9 deg FTi driver today

Hope you enjoy it. I bought Steelhead III's (Driver, 3 wood and 5 wood) from Calloway's Preowned site two or three years ago and have really enjoyed them. I kid you not these things looked like they were brand new. Actually I think they were. Not a scratch on them. They were packaged in that plastic stuff they place on new clubs (although that can be done on used clubs as well). The only thing I didn't plan on was paying Texas sales tax which made the deal a little more costly than I had planned. Apparently they must have an outlet somewhere in Texas. I'm guessing in Austin.

I'm kinda looking at a Callaway X460 from their preowned site but I'm not real sure I would like a large headed driver or not. I will keep the 3 and 5 Steelhead III's as they are in good shape. The driver is really beat up (sky marks etc.)

Anyway enjoy your new driver.

Regards,

ImAGolfer

Author: sunrayman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 210 of 294
Subject: Re: Yup Date: 8/4/2008 11:45 PM
Howdy ImAGolfer,

The "[demo] Callaway 9 deg FTi driver" is a 5-day rental from GolfClubDemo{dot}com. I'll send it back on Wed. I am NOT in love with it!

I too have used the Callaway pre-owned site; I bought a set Steelhead X-14 irons from there a few years ago. Earlier this year I added a Lob Wedge [& the A wedge stays in the garage now].

I live FLA, but I have also been a TX sales tax payer recently. I bought some new designer {Stars & Stripes} checks for my USAA checking account. The checks were printed by Harland (also in San Antonio). When the invoice included a sales tax, I called immediately for an explanation. I was told that {in theory} Harland sells the checks to USAA, so I get to pay the TX sales tax. Yeah, the checks were sent directly from Harland to me!!!

sunray
a man who golfs in FLA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement