UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (51) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mxy123 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1947385  
Subject: Re: Why Obama? Date: 10/9/2008 8:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Zath,

Some of your reasons are fine - some of them repetitive - some that are frankly, of no value - "He doesn't scare me when he smiles"? "He has a sense of humor"? "He doesn't look like he is going to die..."? "He is the smartest guy in the room"? He's smart enough to have memorized exactly what he has been coached to say to trick you to believing that is is a centrist. What does all that matter if you have a person who at his core has a questionable value system?

Bottom line, you are not addressing some of the points I am raising - my two challenges about reaching across the aisle on controversial issues and fighting your own party on a key issue - can you name any?

I want Obama to prove to me that he is not sympathetic to people who hate our country. He admitted to interfering with US negotiations with Iraqi officials on when our troops should be withdrawn. Is this someone who has our country's best interest at heart? If you are receiving massive illegal/ foreign contributions - in the name of Democracy, don't you want to stop that? If you have an organization like ACORN who he has trained and who wholeheartedly supports you, don't you want them to stop registering fake voter registrations? If you believed in Democracy - would you take advantage of an Ohio law that allows you to register and vote on the same day without proof of residency (he undoubtedly only picked up Obama voters or had his volunteers make a deal to drive them where ever they wanted if they voted for Obama)? What I am getting at it - he will win at all costs - and he has a questionable value system.

You want to get into unreasoned arguments that you shouldn't believe everything your church teaches - its quite different if your preachers says we deserved 9-11 and we created the AIDS virus to put people down and the people sitting in the pews jump up in elation. That is because a majority of the church are okay with that bull. If Bill Ayers was sorry about it now and has chosen to reform himself - I would have no problem with that "association". But ask yourself one thing - would you ever associate yourself with someone who was responsible for killing people who to this day does not regret those actions?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (51) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement