Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
zazzz: "If I do a Roth conversion in 2010 will that affect my son's (high school junior) ability to get financial aid?"

Probably, but I would like to clarify some facts.

Son is currently a junior and will be a senior commencing fall 2010 and graduating spring 2011? You will file a FAFSA early in 2011 based upon 2010 income and tax return?

2010 conversion will create income that you need to report on the FAFSA filed in early 2011.

Regards, JAFO
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.