UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Cynghanedd Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195  
Subject: Zecco: All October stock/options trades free Date: 9/25/2008 7:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have accounts with Zecco, Etrade, and OptionsXpress, but Zecco is my favorite. They do not allow trades on foreign markets and do not allow the trading of foreign ordinaries, but they are steadily improving the capabilities of their platform. I am only a happy customer of Zecco--not trying to sell you anything here--just want to note the following email I received from them today, as it offers an interesting opportunity to save money on trade commissions:

UNLIMITED Free Stock & Options Trades in October

Dear Zecco Trading Customer,

This has been one of the most volatile times in stock market history, with each day breaking historical volume records. As a result, we have seen our system activity increase by over 450%, and you may have experienced an uneven level of web site service. While we had built significant excess capacity for high volume days, last week we faced a 100-year storm.

At times, our systems and those of our clearing firm Penson Financial (PNSN) were running at extreme capacity. While larger companies like TD Ameritrade, Etrade and Scottrade faced similar challenges, we set higher standards for ourselves.

We've already increased capacity

We’ve made significant hardware and software changes as well as processing changes with our vendors. And that’s just the beginning - in the next couple weeks, we will more than double our capacity. By early next year, we will have increased our capacity by a factor of 10.

October will be a 100% unlimited free trading month for current Zecco Trading customers

Thanks for hanging in there. To show our appreciation for your loyalty, we have decided to make October a 100% unlimited free trading month. This means that between October 1st and October 31st you can make unlimited equity and options trades commission-free. As far as I know, this has never been done in the history of the brokerage industry, until now. But then again, we are seeing things in the market we never would have believed, until now.

My commitment: We'll earn your trust

We rely on you for our success, as you rely on us to build yours. We've spent the last couple years establishing trust with our customers. We plan to keep it—not through words, but through concrete action and performance.

Thanks for your support,

Jeroen Veth, CEO
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement