UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977405  
Subject: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 1:17 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Seventy-three percent of people questioned in the survey say that George Zimmerman should be arrested, with 11% disagreeing and 16% unsure. Zimmerman admits to shooting and killing Martin, an unarmed African-American teenager, in Sanford, Florida, on February 26.

"Nearly two-thirds of whites and 86% of non-whites say Zimmerman should be arrested," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland, "as well as majorities of Republicans, Democrats and independent voters."

Presumably the 11% that disagree are PA RINO types that disagree with everything.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: yosemitebean Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762419 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 3:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
N56629 - Presumably the 11% that disagree are PA RINO types that disagree with everything.

--------------------------------------------------------

....Or, the 11% want to wait until ALL of the facts are in before making up their minds.:) - Carol

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762424 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 6:26 AM
Recommendations: 0
Since when, in this country, is our justice system suppose to alleve itself to polls?

Isn't one of the most asked questions by lawyers when selecting a juror is how much exposure they have had about press releases regarding the case.

At this juncture, Zimmerman would have to have the trial moved to some country without any exposure to the outside world.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762428 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 7:15 AM
Recommendations: 1
With everything that has come out in the last 24 hours I'm thinking a plea deal is more and more likely. I don't think it's possible to prosecute Zimmerman for a felony. Not with his injuries, a witness to the beat-down that lead to the shooting and Florida's laws. You can't imagine the prosecutors are too excited about their prospects.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762445 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 9:37 AM
"Seventy-three percent of people questioned in the survey say that George Zimmerman should be arrested"

With the 24/7 mainstream media firestorm message of "Zimmermann" is guilty can you expect a different poll result?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762453 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 10:05 AM
With everything that has come out in the last 24 hours I'm thinking a plea deal is more and more likely. I don't think it's possible to prosecute Zimmerman for a felony. Not with his injuries, a witness to the beat-down that lead to the shooting and Florida's laws. You can't imagine the prosecutors are too excited about their prospects.

Especially if it can be proven the voice calling for help on the tape is his and not Martin's.

Still, I think it's nuts that someone can accost someone else who's minding their own business, provoke a fight and then justifiably kill the person if they're losing the fight. It might be "self-defense" under Florida law, but it ain't cricket. And I've little doubt that had Zimmerman been black and Martin a white teenager, that the self-defense excuse wouldweb accepted so quickly with the cops.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762455 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 10:08 AM
Recommendations: 1
"And I've little doubt that had Zimmerman been black and Martin a white teenager, that the self-defense excuse wouldweb accepted so quickly with the cops."

Enough with the race baiting, gheesh!

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762465 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 10:25 AM
Recommendations: 2
"And I've little doubt that had Zimmerman been black and Martin a white teenager, that the self-defense excuse wouldweb accepted so quickly with the cops."

Enough with the race baiting, gheesh!

That's not race baiting.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762468 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 10:27 AM
If you had asked me two days ago, I would have been part of that two-thirds.

Now I am part of the 16%.

Time and facts will tend to do that to a person.

I wonder if Zimmerman might eventually sue someone for defamation of character if he is found to be innocent.

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762477 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 10:37 AM
"I wonder if Zimmerman might eventually sue someone for defamation of character if he is found to be innocent.'

He should slap a suit on the NACCP or individuals such as Sharpton, Jackson, etc.

Author: TheDope1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762480 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 10:40 AM
None of that irrelevant crap like police procedure, the trial system or actual evidence matters. Are you kidding? The polls are in!

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762495 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 11:05 AM
wouldweb accepted

iPhone or iPad? I HATE it when that happens!

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762548 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 11:53 AM
Still, I think it's nuts that someone can accost someone else who's minding their own business, provoke a fight and then justifiably kill the person if they're losing the fight
__________________-

Why would you find that so hard to believe? Happens on here everyday, by the very same people who think they know the facts in this case if the discussion veers in a direction that they are not politically comfortable with.

OK. They don't use guns, but, if they could...........my, oh my, oh my, they'd have to call this the Motley Dead.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762553 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 11:57 AM
Still, I think it's nuts that someone can accost someone else who's minding their own business, provoke a fight and then justifiably kill the person if they're losing the fight

Why would you find that so hard to believe?

I don't find it hard to believe. I think it's nuts that it's a legal justification for homicide. It's even more nuts that someone can just say "self defense" when the cops show up and avoid an arrest and investigation. Of course, this is an exceptional case. Wonder what makes it so exceptional?

Author: albaby1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762557 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 12:01 PM
Recommendations: 9
It's even more nuts that someone can just say "self defense" when the cops show up and avoid an arrest and investigation. Of course, this is an exceptional case. Wonder what makes it so exceptional?

One thing is Florida's SYG law, which prohibits the police from arresting someone who claims self-defense under SYG until the police have collected sufficient evidence to overcome that claim.

It's an exceptionally bad law.

Albaby

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762596 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 12:50 PM
Crap, that came out badly. I mean I'm going to repaste your comments with proof you're wrong. And I promise there will be proof, it's painfully obvious they have an ongoing investigation with a ton of evidence.

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762636 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 1:57 PM
"At this juncture, Zimmerman would have to have the trial moved to some country without any exposure to the outside world. "

There has been many infamous outlaws that where never tried outside the US. Please, try again

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762651 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 2:15 PM
There has been many infamous outlaws that where never tried outside the US. Please, try again

That's a long time before 24/7 cable news and internet.

This guy will do more time than Corzine, whether or not he is guilty. Oh, say did you hear? Corzine personally told his staff DIRECTLY to TRANSFER segregated CUSTOMER money.

Here we are three years and counting of just one example of the greatest heist in history and the powers at be are more concerned about "the letter of the law" than the moral reprucussions.

What would extra company funds be deposited in a customer account? I sure as heck have never gotten a statement with 200 million dollars extra dollars in it.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762668 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 2:40 PM
ipad. it seems to have a mind of its own.

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762832 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 6:55 PM
"I wonder if Zimmerman might eventually sue someone for defamation of character if he is found to be innocent."

Love lawyers much? Sue, sue, sue....

I love liberal RINOs

Author: N56629 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762836 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/27/2012 6:59 PM
"
This guy will do more time than Corzine, whether or not he is guilty."

Really? Interesting myth.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1763001 of 1977405
Subject: Re: zimmerman poll is in Date: 3/28/2012 9:13 AM
Go away.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement