UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950136  
Subject: Zingers! Date: 10/2/2012 4:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 39
Both sides are running around furiously trying to lower expectations - so that after the Wednesday debate they can claim they exceeded expectations and claim victory. So weird how this works, now.

Obama says "Mitt is a better debater" and a senior advisor to Mitt says Obama is "widely regarded as one of the most talented political communicators in modern history." A week ago he was a wimp and a prevaricator, suddenly he strides across the universe with the confidence of the man who killed Bin Laden. Oh, wait, they don't bring that up.

Well, both sides have been rehearsing furiously, but comes this bit of news: Mitt has a pocketful of "zingers" which he has been memorizing since August.

Mr. Romney’s team has concluded that debates are about creating moments and has equipped him with a series of zingers that he has memorized and has been practicing on aides since August. His strategy includes luring the president into appearing smug or evasive about his responsibility for the economy.”
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/01/14168980-romne...

For the life of me I can't understand why Romney's people would let this slip. If the zingers don't zing, he will look like an idiot. If they do, they will look oh-so-prepared and not really zing at all.

OK, for the life of me twice I don't know why anyone would watch such a silly exercise anyway. Obama has been President for 4 years. If you don't know him by now, another hour isn't going to matter. Romney has been running for President for 7 years. Is there anything left to learn? Are there really more than 12 uncommitted voters across the entire country?

Well, zing away Mitt. And Obama: try not to look smug, whatever that means, because people could make the most important political decision of the decade based on whether you are smiling the wrong way or not.

Truly, this "democracy" thing is bizarre anymore.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement