UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59162  
Subject: zoot suit Date: 12/8/2012 3:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
We're attending a dressy event this evening, a suit occasion, and have no idea if hubby's ties or dress shirts are laughably unfashionable at this point. I don't notice these things, what's fashionable nowadays--and he sure as heck never did (he was wearing the most god-awful 70s gear when I met him in the 80s)--and we no longer read print magazines or see the ads.

His most recent ties/dress shirts were acquired in the 90s--are ties narrow, wide or in-between these days?! and the only suit that fits--very loosely since he lost weight--is itself 20 years old. The Allan Edmonds dress shoes are classic and presumably timeless. Well, maybe the suit is, too, dark blue and from a Nordstrom sale. Hopefully there's a decent pair of dress sox, though I expect they won;t be seen, his suit being too big will probably be a bit draggy at the bottom. oy. It doesn't help that he crammed his ties at the back of a shelf and they need to be ironed. Luckily he's rather nice looking and can get away with some lack of sartorial splendor.

As for me, I expect I can rustle up something. I'm known for my quirkiness of dress, so I never worry. Planning what to wear ahead of time would be cheating, the last minute dive into the closet is more thrilling--I like that frisson of excitement when finding something I haven't worn for ages and have forgotten about. There's always black pants (but do they fit?) or a long skirt (most of them have dead elastic waists) and a sweater. Haven't lost enough weight for the little black dress, too bad. The long black dress will be a bit baggy, but I can hide that under a big scarf. My only issue is that my dressy purse died and I've been too cheap to replace it. A sweater with pockets, perhaps, for a kleenex and lipstick will be enough. hmmm...

=alstro, should've been one of those Upstairs people with a ladies maid ;-)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Activist Investors Unlocking Value at LSB Industries?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement