UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FreethinkerKW Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1968292  
Subject: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 9:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Zynga is the game company which supplied Facebook with 10% of its revenues. People always trying to get me to play a Zynga game on Facebook. I've never done it. And those requests are dying. I've just shorted ZNGA in CAPS.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49300267?__source=yahoo%7Cheadline%7C...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FreethinkerKW Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821345 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 9:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I've never played an online game. Not once. It occurrs to me that I'm not the only person in America who doesn't play online or video games?

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821350 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 9:18 AM
I hope it craters.

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821352 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 9:20 AM
I hope it craters.

I am curious, why?

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821353 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 9:20 AM
I've never played an online game. Not once. It occurrs to me that I'm not the only person in America who doesn't play online or video games?

Your missing out.

Author: SaintPatrick1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821357 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 9:26 AM
It's bad enough the time people waste on Facebook. I hate the idea of someone (my cousin for example who can't afford to keep up her own home ) spending money to keep up their farm on farmville.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821401 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 11:00 AM
The problem is that vast majority of people pay no money to play the games. That is why ZNGA went from $10 a share at IPO down to $2.50 or so today.

Author: SpeedBump13 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821409 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 11:32 AM
I've played a handful of video games offline. I enjoy the challenge of complex simulations and the creativity of The Sims, which was one of the few things I shared with my high-strung teen daughter.

I have no interest in social gaming, where you pester your contacts for help, but I could see the appeal for a certain type of person. Looks like there are not enough of them.

-Wes

Author: AdvocatusDiaboli Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821546 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 4:21 PM
It's bad enough the time people waste on Facebook. I hate the idea of someone (my cousin for example who can't afford to keep up her own home ) spending money to keep up their farm on farmville.

Yes, that's very unfortunate.
I would never spend money on a Zynga-game.

But there's a lot more to hate about Zynga, actually.

For example, the CEO blackmailed lower level employees into giving up stock options they already had, by threatening to fire them.

Author: goaltender95 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1821581 of 1968292
Subject: Re: Zynga (ZNGA) To Crater On Outlook Date: 10/5/2012 6:37 PM
For example, the CEO blackmailed lower level employees into giving up stock options they already had, by threatening to fire them.

Can't have any "Google Chefs" now can we?
Not a Pincus fan.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement