Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
[[ 2. Is it based on the transfer date?
3. What about if I have losses since I added the Roth contribution?]]

Again, this would only come into play if you have make a Roth contribution for 1999 also. Have
you? If you have not, and the only thing in there is your original roth contributions and the earnings,
the only place that the earnings COULD have come from would be the original contributions. So
you take 'em all out.

Unfortunately, the contribution I may have to reverse is for tax year 1999. I already made one for 1998, around March of 1998.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.