Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
So we were in Austin this weekend. Went out to see a movie. Went to the "Domain's" shopping complex; it's a "uppity" shopping area. Never been this this theater but it had the right show and time we wanted.

Walked in.....the place was like a 4-star hotel lobby, replete with ultra-modern, fancy couches, interior decorating, fashionable lighting, etc. Artwork - both paintings and sculptures all over the place. I couldn't believe it! Reminded me of a "W" hotel bar.

Walked up to the counter.....they asked if we had reservations. Reservations for a movie? Didn't have one. So they said $19 for the front seats and $29 for the middle/backs seats. I was like whaaattt?!? They are cheaper if you buy "membership". Membership to a movie theater? I said no thanks to membership. Paid $19 each for the movie (this was in the afternoon too!). Would have been a bit embarrassing to walk out because of the price.

The service really is incredible though...very attentive. Went into theater...nothing but full-sized leather recliners.....wow. There's also a revolving plate holder and a button to call for waiters. Very very nice seats. I leaned back the recliner, popped out the leg rest and had the most comfortable movie watching experience ever.

But $19-29?!?! That is crazy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.