Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
... and then it has the same boxes the 2018 SSA-1099 had, but with bigger numbers.

As this is the case, then I will file an amended tax return, unless you good people have any better ideas.

Wait - you didn't answer the question: Do you agree with the bigger numbers?

You should know how much was deposited into your account, and you should be able to find how much was withheld for things like Medicare premiums, income tax withholding, etc. Does all of that add up to what the bigger numbers are?

If not, I would suggest calling the SS administration to find out why they issued the correction.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.