No. of Recommendations: 15
... comments earlier in this thread, as well as comments by some others, express the frustration that we feel when newcomers approach us looking for basic information

The crux of my original post was, flame all you want, just do it privately off the public board. This is common etiquette on this or any board, and in life in general.

Regarding the FAQ, if you scroll down about halfway down the Fool Reference Page, you will find a section titled "FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions". This area contains links to many other sites and postings which provide various FAQs. Tis true that there is no formal FAQ for this site

The first problem with the FAQ is that the link to it doesn't appear with the message headers; you have to get into a message body before it appears. Second, the FAQ isn't a FAQ at all, it's an array of links which would bewilder any newcomer. The first link in large type after the fine print is ... a link to the latest post on the MI board!!! If anointed by the Gods of the board I could redesign the existing FAQ to siphon newbies off to the FW site, but since I've only been a registered Fool since May 2000 I might not be up to the task.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.