No. of Recommendations: 2
…. Is that high? …

Two percent a year for the next 25 years is roughly 50% of your money. Ask yourself if they are performing well enough to merit this much. There may also be other hidden fees.

You need to read up on how to keep your costs low. A low cost index fund or one of the permutations like an EFT sounds like a much better place for your stock market money. Before you move your money around though, be sure to look into the tax consequences.

I am also surprised that there are so many of the stocks that are down long term in a managed account. It seems like some of those should have sold so you could take the capital loss on your taxes.

I use this account as my emergency fund.
The stock market is not an appropriate investment for an emergency fund. If your broker knows that this is the goal for this money then you should contact the “S-B bigshots” and complain about this. There have been a number of lawsuits about inappropriate investments recently but the contract that you have with S.B. is probably written so much in their favor that you probably don't have any realistic recourse against them.

Greg
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.